Sunday, September 16, 2012

Listen: Joel Hood, "Campanero," "Teardrops," & "Getaway Car"

According to his SoundCloud page, Joel Hood makes, "Not very danceable dance music from the north of England." According to me, Joel Hood makes the type of super chill downtempo electronic music that makes my brain tingle with autumn happiness. You can judge for yourself. Either way, though, be sure to support Joel Hood through Bad Panda Records, and check out the brief interview in which he answers the question, 'What sound or noise do you love?' in a way that makes me hopeful for a full length album very soon:

"There’s a walkway underneath the train station not far from where I live. Along with the rumble of trains coming and going, there’s a weird ambient humming sound that seems to resonate down there, it’s a really nice relaxing sound which I listen to on my way home early in the morning after a night playing records in town with my friend Jimi Apples."

Awesome. 





No comments: